Monday 26 August 2013

SBC Day 5: Kindergarten, take two

Okay, so I was all chill a couple of days ago about MBear starting Kindergarten.  That was, until last night.  All of a sudden my little girl seems so grown up.  Not since that last post, but I think maybe I`m letting it hit me now.  This time next week her outfit will be on the chair in her room, she will be sleeping (hopefully not still vibrating with excitement), her backpack will be by the backdoor and she will be ready to leave me in the morning.
Today, after seeing a back to school commercial, she expressed her extreme detest for homework to me.  Then she asked me what exactly homework was and if she would have any.  She promptly found a workbook in one of her storage bin drawers, brought it over to me and we spent the next half and hour matching up words that rhyme, words that start with the same sound, coloring in pictures in patterns and more.  Little does she know that she LOVES homework without ever being given any.  She is such a mini-me.  In both good and bad ways, but that is yet another blog post.
I will miss many of our tender moments together as she leaps off the diving board into real, official school.  But now I can anticipate the time we spend together after school doing homework or whatever she needs to help her grow.  As long as she doesn't lose her childhood wisdom anytime soon.
Me: "MBear, why is there a wet cloth on the floor?" (In the playroom).
MBear: "To get the syrup off my foot."
Me: "How did you get syrup on your foot?"
MBear: "From the poodle nool." (Pool noodle). 

Genius child.  Pure genius.  



This post is a part of the Summer Blog Challenge 2013. You can check out the full list of participants HERE, and comment on Liam’s blog to join us! Meanwhile, check out what Liam, Natasha, Zita, Hethr, April, and others are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment