Friday 30 August 2013

SBC Day 8: Sleep, by accident

Maybe it was all the excitement from yesterday, or maybe simply just from lack of sleep, I forgot to bring MiniD's monitor into our room last night.  Just a few days ago I blogged about how badly I needed some deep, quality sleep.  Well, I got it!

MBear slept like a log after staying up way past her bedtime and all the outdoor time we had yesterday.  And me, I didn't wake up until after 4am when my body wondered why I hadn't heard crying in what *seemed* like an awfully long time.  I looked over to the dresser where the monitor sits and it was bare.  I sat up, looking again.  And then I remembered.  I had taken it out of our room and moved it to the playroom for my mom so that she would hear him when he woke from yesterday's nap.  (My sister and I had some kid-free time, shopping yesterday and just being us.)  I jumped up from bed and went to the playroom, of course finding it where I left it many hours earlier.  I plugged it in and...silence.  MiniD was sleeping.  Who am I to wake a sleeping baby???  I actually went back to sleep!  At around 6am he woke and cried and I went and fed him.  We had both survived this awful/wonderful event.

With MBear, I was all for crying it out.  It didn't bother me one bit.  With MiniD, I was completely against it.  So much changes in a few years!  However, with MBear spending the night at grandma's tonight, I am tempted to leave the monitor out again.  No one will come running to our room when she hears her brother crying.  And he will be fine.  AND I really need some sleep for my sanity.  But at the same time, I am torn because I know when he cries he needs me.  Oh, the life of a mom.  Simple decisions with so much controversy behind them.  I guess I'll update you tomorrow on what I actually end up doing tonight!  Either way, I am overjoyed with the amount of sleep I got last night, how amazing I feel today and everyone will survive tonight, no matter what the decision is!

This post is a part of the Summer Blog Challenge 2013. You can check out the full list of participants HERE, and comment on Liam’s blog to join us! Meanwhile, check out what Liam, Natasha, Zita, Hethr, April, and others are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment