Monday 18 November 2013

Day 17 - Givin' Thanks!

I'm not going to complain about the weather.  I'm going to be thankful for mounds of deep, white, powdery snow.  I'm not a skier (it's been years since I was on a hill) but I know what this beautiful white stuff means to them...and I want to jump on board. 

Side note: I might have complained once or twice this summer about the weather.  I really do like it hot.  High 20's, even low 30's is wonderful.  It is the humidity that I cannot handle.  Side note to this side note: I honestly didn't know about DEhumidifiers until recently.  I though that Handydan was just saying "humidifier" wrong, or he had learned the word wrong as a child (just like Bear calls lasagna "pasagna" and we don't correct her - how was that for a side note, side note, side note?).  When I saw the dehumidifier setting on our air conditioner this summer I had to admit to my lack of knowledge and learn about this whole new world!  Next summer will be a lot better and there will be NO complaining here!

Okay - back to enjoying snow!  Last night was absolutely wonderful, laying in bed listening to the wind and what sounded like something much heavier than light snow (we may have told Bear that Santa and his reindeer were out practicing to keep her in her bed and calm her down to go to sleep).  I knew we would wake up to lots of deep, white, untouched drifts and that would lead to tobogganing and lots of great outdoor play!  What a treat it was to wake up to!!  We can FINALLY use our unlandscaped backyard for outdoor play - including snow painting, snow angels, forts, snowball fights and eleventy billion Pinterest suggestions.  The temperature is supposed to stay warm and we are going to make the most of this great situation.  I hope to have pictures up of all the fun outdoor snow activities I have planned...stay tuned!

#30daysofthanks

No comments:

Post a Comment