Wednesday 27 November 2013

Whole Hearts - Day 21 #30daysofthanks

My mom was born with a hole in her heart.  No one knew until she was in her forties and started having fainting spells.  When I was 15 she had open heart surgery and a very painful recovery.  She goes back for tests every few years but her heart is whole again.

In April 2012, a beautiful baby named Hope was born.  She was born with only half a heart and her story didn't end happily like my moms.  After many surgeries, complications, good days, bad days  and everything in between, Hope passed away at the innocent age of 13 months.  I have been following Hope and her families journey here and now I am following the journey of her family as they are expecting a new baby.  A baby who had an ultrasound today and it was found that she has a whole, perfect heart.

I am thankful for the heart health of both my mom and this new baby...and so thankful for the impact that Hope's short life on earth has had on so many people.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment