Thursday 7 November 2013

Days 5 - 7 of 30 Days of Thanks

Believe me or not, I haven't been neglecting #30daysofthanks.  Day 5 was a pretty big day for us and I wanted to make sure we had all bases covered before I posted.  So...here it is!

Day 5: We are so thankful for our realtor who closed the deal for us.  Bittersweet though, we loved our little yellow house and the amazing renters that we have in it right now.  In the bigger picture we are thankful for having a roof over our heads!

Day 6: I am thankful for my job.  Before I left my last job I had an epiphany of sorts.  While I could never be a dayhome mom (stay tuned for another post on this - I have so much respect for women who can run dayhomes, but I am not one of them!) providing before and afterschool care was something that I could definitely do!  Years of working with children, coaching, teaching dance, leading daycamps, working at summer camps and so much more reminded me that I love kids...in short bursts!  So, working from home allows me to be with my kids as much as possible, lets me volunteer at Bear's school, and save money on childcare!  Bringing in a few extra kids before and after school as a "job" has been perfect for me.  I'm sure Handydan would love the house to be cleaner and tidier, but having a job that I love this much is really not like having a "job" at all!

Day 7: I am thankful for quiet moments.  Snuggling with Bear this morning before the alarm went off...listening to the older kids read to the younger kids after school today...small reminders that being still, quiet and in the moment are still so important.  I need more quiet moments in my life...



No comments:

Post a Comment