Wednesday 27 November 2013

Our Principal - Day 23 of #30daysofthanks

I grew up with a mom for a teacher.  I have witnessed first hand how horrible the career of a teacher can be when they do not have the backing of a strong, engaged administration.  The honest-to-god reason that I am not a teacher today is because of my moms cautioning against it due to her own personal experiences, mostly negative due to terrible administration.  It wasn't all awful being a teachers kid...she taught English at a high school and junior high level so my papers were always perfectly edited.  I had lots of practice before exams and it sure didn't hurt around diploma or provincial exam time...if you know what I'm saying...

I am overjoyed with the admin at Bear's school.  I haven't had a lot of interaction with many of them, but seeing the principal outside every morning with her hair done, in her professional clothes stopping cars so than that the kids can safely cross at the crosswalk and the vice principal in the drop off zone where she has been hit by cars gives me hope.  There are so many teachers, staff and other admin who I truly believe are looking out for our children, it gives me hope for my friends who are teachers - that they may have great administration to work with and truly enjoy their careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment